OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
IMPORTANT: If you are fishing a tournament and need to cull a small bass that has one of our tags in it simply remove the tag and release the fish. Present the tag to any of the official weigh stations to register your catch.
Rules and Agreements
1. ANYONE wishing to submit a fish for prize consideration must register for the BassCashBash Tournament and pay all fees associated therewith, prior to catching the eligible fish.
2. PARTICIPANTS and fish must comply with all rules and regulations of the State of Louisiana and its Department of Wildlife and Fisheries governing the recreational harvest of fish or if fishing in Texas waters, must comply with the rules and regulations of the State of Texas and its Department of Wildlife and Fisheries.
3. NO MEMBERS OF THE TAG AND RELEASE TEAM shall be eligible to compete in the tagged division for a prize. These individuals are eligible to compete in the Lunker division ONLY.
4. PROFESSIONAL guides will be allowed to fish.
5. DATES/TIME: Sam Rayburn will begin at 12:01 January 1, 2018 and end April 30, 2018 &Lake Fork will Begin at 12:01am March 1, 2018 and will end June 30th at 5:00pm & Toledo Bend Tournament will begin at 12:01 am on May 01, 2018, and end at 5:00 pm on September 3, 2018. Only fish caught and tendered at an official BassCashBash weigh station during this period will be eligible for Tournament prize consideration.
6. FISHING METHOD: Fish entered into competition for prizes must have been caught and landed by a REGISTERED PARTICIPANT on conventional rod, hook and line exclusively. While trolling, drifting or still fishing, a rod secured in a rod holder may hook a fish; however, the angler who initially receives the rod from the holder must thereafter continuously fight and land the fish without assistance from any other person. Allowed assistance is limited solely to, netting the fish caught by the participating angler. Disabling or in any way subduing a fish before it is landed is prohibited.
7. TOURNAMENT BOUNDARIES are limited to Sam Rayburn January 1 thru April 30 & Lake Fork March 1 thru June 30 & Toledo Bend Reservoir May 1 thru September 3. ONLY FISH CAUGHT ON SAM RAYBURN WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES FOR SAM RAYBURN. ONLY FISH CAUGHT ON LAKE FORK WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES FOR LAKE FORK. ONLY FISH CAUGHT ON TOLEDO BEND WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES FOR TOLEDO BEND.
8. Eligible Fish All fish to be entered for consideration into the BassCashBash tournament must have been caught by a registered and eligible participant during the designated tournament listed above and must be weighed, or in the case of tagged Bass presented, at a designated and official BassCashBash weigh station, as soon as practicable after landing and in no event more than twenty-four (24)* hours after landing. Participants wishing to enter a fish in the Tournament shall complete and sign the official basscashbash.com tournament weigh form. The participant shall present proof of identity (driver’s license or identification card), a valid Louisiana or Texas fresh water fishing license or proof of exemption. No fish will be weighed or entered without the participant signing the official BassCashBash weigh form.
a. Tagged fish Division: Only a Largemouth bass that is tagged with an official numbered and verified 2018 BassCashBash tournament tag and the tag clipped and presented by the registered /qualified participant who caught the tagged fish will be eligible for prize consideration.
b. Lunker Division: (Toledo Bend) Only Live largemouth bass that are caught on Toledo Bend Reservoir and are turned over to the official at an official basscashbash tournament weigh station to be released alive back into Toledo Bend Reservoir with a weight indicated by the digital graduations on the scale of 10 pounds and greater will be accepted entries into the tournament. Visual fractionalizing of these graduations is not allowed. In the event of a tie in the 10Lbs+ division, the fish that was weighed-in first shall be declared the better qualifying fish. If weigh-in times are identical, the participant who registered for the Tournament first shall be declared the higher qualifying fish. Payouts in the 10Lbs+ division are: Largest qualifying 10Lbs+, presented by the registered/qualified participant who caught the fish, will receive largest $5000, 2nd $2000 3rd-100th $1000ea. 8c.Monster of the Month for Lake Fork. In each of the four months of March, April, May, and June on Lake Fork the heaviest bass over 24” weighed in by a registered Lake Fork BassCashBash Participant will win $2,500. In the event there is a month in which no registered participant presents a bass over the 24” requirement that month’s $2,500 prize will revert to the largest qualifying bass from one of the other three months.
9. NO TRANSFER of fish among Tournament participants shall be allowed. A fish weighed by an individual must have been caught by said individual.
10. MINOR: If a participant under 18 years of age wins a prize, his or her legal representative will receive the prize on his/her behalf.
11. POLLYGRAPH: All persons, including minors, entering a prize-winning fish or claiming a prize, must agree to submit to a polygraph examination. Additionally, each person entering the basscashbash.com tournament agrees to submit to a polygraph examination. The basscashbash.com tournament Committee reserves the right to select polygraphists to administer polygraph examinations. All polygraph examinations shall be taken at the time, place and by the polygraphists designated by the basscashbash.com tournament. Each contestant agrees by his/her signature on the official basscashbash.com tournament entry form, or by clicking the “accept the rules” box for online entrants to submit to a polygraph examination and abide by its conclusion. All travel expenses are to be paid by entrant. Failure to submit to or pass the required polygraph examination shall result in disqualification from this years and any future basscashbash.com Events.
12. PROTESTS must be submitted in writing, and postmarked by 5:00 pm on September 12, 2018 to the Tournament Chairman at 639 Vinson Road, Leesville, LA 71446. All protest will be considered by the tournament committee.
13. DECISIONS of the tournament Committee, in its sole discretion, shall be final on any and all matters.
14.DISPUTES between a participant and the Committeearising out of any aspect whatsoever of the basscashbash.com Tournament, the plaintiff party in said litigation shall be bound to pay reasonable attorney’s fees, expenses of litigation, court costs and other costs incurred by both parties.
15. PRIZE WINNERS are solely responsible for payment of any applicable taxes, fees and costs associated with said prize. There are over $400000 in possible prizes all of which may not be paid out or received by participants/entrants. Prizes awarded/paid out will depend on the compliance with all rules and regulations of the BassCashBash tournament.
16. SOLE RESPONSABILITY for valid member status and correctness of this entry form rests on the entrant. All decisions of the BassCashBash tournament committee are final and not subject to appeal.
17.Hold harmless and indemnity: in consideration of being allowed to enter the BassCashBash tournament, each person agrees and contracts to indemnify and hold harmless the BassCashBash tournament, its agents, sponsors, owners, directors, representatives, or any of the not for profit organizations that receive funds thru the eventtogetherthe “indemnified parties” from any and all loss, liability, claims, or damages arising out of or in any manner whatsoever connected with the planning, operation or conduct of the BassCashBash tournament, including but not limited to claims for personal injury, wrongful death, survival damages, property damage, and claims relating in any way to the awarding of prizes in the tournament. The parent or legal representative of a minor participating in the tournament further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the indemnified parties from all loss on account of any claims presented against them by or on behalf of their child or ward. Winners will be required to execute an additional release, indemnity and hold harmless agreement upon receipt of prize. Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or in any way relating to the tournament shall be settled by binding arbitration conducted in the city of Leesville, Vernon parish, Louisiana, in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American arbitration association. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction in accordance with law. Should litigation and/or arbitration result between a participant and the BassCashBash tournament, it is agreed that if basscashbash.com is the prevailing party in such litigation and/or arbitration, basscashbash.com shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs incurred in the arbitration and/or litigation from the other party to said arbitration and/or litigation. Any arbitration and/or litigation will be governed by the law of the State of Louisiana and any suit/complaint/petition must be filed in the 30th Judicial District Court, Vernon Parish, State of Louisiana. By entry/registration or fish submission for possible claim of prize/award, participant/entrant acknowledges and specifically agrees to this Louisiana jurisdictional and venue provision. Severability Clause: If any provision/rule/regulation of the BassCashBash tournament is deemed illegal or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the rest/remaining provisions/rules/regulations of the basscashbash.com tournament. All other provisions/rules/regulations will be read as if the illegal or unenforceable provision/rule/regulation does/did not exist.